Applicants are now invited for the position of Gallery Event Planner. Reporting to the Venue Rentals Manager, the Event Planner is responsible for supporting The Polygon’s outreach and fundraising programs through the creation and execution of exceptional and memorable Polygon Gallery events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and deliver all aspects of the Gallery’s internal events, including curatorial lectures, artist talks, Membership events, and the Gallery’s two major fundraising events: The Mayor’s Gala and the Art Auction
- Manage all event details such as décor, catering, entertainment, transportation, invitation list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, security, lighting, sound equipment, displays, stages, and other essential items
- Work closely with the Development Office to strategize and maximize sponsorship opportunities among event partners
- Work in collaboration with the Curatorial Department when assisting in the execution of outreach and education programming
- Work closely with the Membership Manager when coordinating Member events, to ensure seamless execution and unique experiences for Members and donors
- Consult with the Venue Rentals Manager on space availability, preferred vendors and Gallery policies when planning internal events
- Anticipate and resolve any problems quickly by communicating with appropriate departments
- Prepare, present, and manage the budget for all internal events, including the two annual fundraisers
- Represent The Polygon Gallery and develop strong partnerships with industry and community colleagues and vendors while negotiating contracts and sponsorship opportunities
- Work with the Marketing Manager to promote and publicize events
- Experience in developing and executing events of all sizes, community partnerships and collaborations.
- Excellent communications skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work flexible hours including many evenings and weekends.
- Accessibility training or experience accommodating diverse participant needs.
The Gallery Event Planner will work a flexible 4-day work week with a good amount of flexibility required to fulfill a busy event schedule. There will often be evening work required. All Polygon employees earn a living wage as specified by Living Wage Canada; this position will offer $45,000-$50,000. The Polygon provides sufficient flexibility in work arrangements to ensure that candidates can accomplish their work while maintaining healthy lives with personal obligations and passions outside of their careers. We encourage applications from candidates with a broad range of backgrounds, including age, race, ethnicity, indigeneity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, class, and ability.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter in a single document to Jessica Walker at email@example.com. Interviews with qualified candidates will begin immediately. Position will be posted until filled. Only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Photo: Alison Boulier